A tribute to the HYP experience :)

I've been meaning to write this for a long time but never really got down to it... Those who stuck through the last yr with me will know how crazy HYP was... the long hours at lab, the dreaded mice experiments, the setbacks whenever the most crucial info was needed... Yup it was a difficult year, but I came out of it alive, with a really good project, and with some wonderful friends and memories too :) What I was most thankful for what that i wasn't just another student in for a year... Our lab was like a little family and we still keep in touch :)

My supervisor had a huge part to play in the whole thing... He was there everyday in lab too, usually earlier than me though I outstayed him now and then ;) And while he was always pushing us to work harder, he's a really great guy to work with... His awesome sense of humour got us through some really difficult days, and our lab was always the noisiest and ppl would shoot us disapproving looks for laughing ALL the time :P

As I once told Nips, your HYP isn't really a complete experience without your supervisor yelling at u AT LEAST once :P so yup I went thru it too.... I guess it was all for the best and I'm really glad I stayed the extra year and did Honours... It taught me just how much I didn't know before and I think I'm a lot better off now having gone thru it :)

Rashi and Qi Xiao were great too :) Hehe we were always caught giggling and gossiping in some corner and hogging all the munchies and b'day cake in lab and I miss them a lot...

Us at Thai Express in Holland ville :D

I also miss the others at the Immunology Programme... Fei Cheun, who's gonna be such a cute mum :D Nabeesa, with her cheerful good mornings when we were barely awake, Jason, my neighbour (in a way :P) who always checked up on me, and my friends from the other labs: Esther, Seah Fang, Timothy, Xavier, Sean, as well as the others I made along the way :)

I went to lab the other day to say my goodbyes and it was great seeing all of them again :) The new students were in and all my equipment's been taken over and they're no longer labelled 'amri' :( My old table's been taken over too... Apparently there are gonna be more than 10 ppl there instead of the 4 of us like it was last yr, so I see a lot of territorial wars happening :P But it was really good catching up and laughing like the old times... they were all so happy and supportive about my new job and the whole graduating experience and it felt really great to know that there are still people out there who genuinely are happy for u and stick with you no matter what you decide to do...

No comments: