Life in heels...

Yup I've officially started work :D So u're now looking at the new medical writer ;) Its been a slow couple of days, but I love the people and the company... Everyone's just so nice :D It was a bit intimidating at first because all these people with PhDs and MDs were asking me for input on their projects, and I'm like the baby in the office, as D put it, the 'fetus' :p... But they're so down to earth and fun, and its such a cool mix of ppl :D We've got Americans, Australians, Irish, Malaysians, Singaporeans, British, Indian Americans, and Sri Lankans (yup I have company in that category :D)... We've already booked a couple of days for movies this week and today the girls went out for drinks after work (my boss actually dropped me home! how awesome is that :D), and yday was my welcome lunch... I also got my first new project to work on, and I'm really excited about it :) I came home today and couldn't stop beaming, a total happy high ;) (I strongly believe that one lychee martini isn't enough to make you high :P) Bugis is also a really nice place to work... Because of all the shopping that you can do (they seem to have sales ALL the time :D)

Onto other news, graduation was last week :D It was grand and a really big deal to me, specially having my family there in the audience, and celebrating with the peeps who've been through the last 4 yrs with me :) It was a pity that I missed a lot of my friends who graduated in the ceremony after us though :( Highlights of the event were that someone's sole got left on stage during the first part of the ceremony (this was really funny), the end of the ceremony marked by the streamers and balloons (I thought that was the best moment of the whole thing!) and the picture taking afterwards, which involved throwing our hats into the sky a million times to get the perfect picture, scanning the crowds for friends and posing and smiling and posing some more (pretty tiring I tell u, this graduation business..)

I got a graduation bear from Nips :D I absolutely love her (yes its a her, because I say so :P) and I'm still trying to christen her, but she's happy with the rest in the little soft toy kingdom in the corner of my bed, and definitely looks the most educated :P I've also given my room a new look... A little rearranging and voila, it looks spacey in spite of a double bed and a lot more stuff :$ My posters are up too and this time I have enough wall space ;)

All in all it's been a great couple of weeks.... I miss my parents a lot though :( it was so much fun having them here... And man did we eat... We tried Mexican, Indonesian, Swedish, Swiss, Western, Indian and Thai food, and in between were the little things like kaya toast, buns from bread talk, nasi goreng and roti johns, and sundaes from Haagen Daaz :D Yeah we all have healthy appetites :P

So things have definitely started to look up.. I love my new job and new apartment and life in general, and I'm glad the difficult stretch has passed... Now I just need to hit Ikea to spify up my room ;) I hope I get paid before the sale ends!

No comments: