Moving on...

No no this is not going to be some emo post about some break up or anything :P it's just a fitting title I guess for the last couple of weeks (my avid readers would have noticed the silence :P)
So I officially graduated and moved out of campus last week... And as my housemate nicely put it, it was a BIG step.. I guess I underestimated myself though.. I knew I'd miss campus a LOT, the convenience of it, the familiarity and the feeling of leaving my makeshift 'home' for the last four years, but so far I haven't exactly had a breakdown or anything :P And i don't see one coming up either... Maybe because I absolutely love my new place! :D and I've been busy with work and shifting (hell!) and settling down...
Pictures of the new place will follow as soon as its in a decent enough state to be photographed :P I only started properly unpacking today, and its going quite slow :P I really have too much of stuff :S My housemates are awesome too :D Hehe Natasha is a total karaoke person (she'll kill me if she sees this) so we're planning to hit KTV soon :P For her benefit... I guess the best part about them is they're not nosy or bitchy, and don't calculate stuff down to the last cent... I think that comes with being a working lady ;) And they're really cool and laidback about everything :)
I also officially stopped working part time yesterday... And it was a really cool day to finish with :) the highlight of the day was going to raffles quay, to this french bank to meet the CEO, who also happens to be french :D Hehe so he kept me waiting a bit and entertained me with french chocolates and coffee... And an awesome view from the 42nd floor :D I'm not sure how many ppl actually get to meet the CEO... I mean even my friends who work in the same company don't get to meet them :P
I've also realised from the 150 odd ppl I've interviewed over the last few months, that the top level people, if they're guys, are super nice and really really down to earth... If they're women, they're extremely bitchy and really don't think being nice is a worthy investment... i'm still trying to figure out why :P
I also picked up my gown and hat last week, and was officially declared not to be a student anymore (by way of an alumni card and credit card offers :P) it reminded me of orientation 4 yrs ago, but on a much smaller scale and with less people egging you on to join stuff... It felt a bit sad I guess, but it was more of a bittersweet thing :) Met Seah Fang and caught up with her too, which was great :) I think the part i'm gonna miss most are my friends... I've been with roughly the same group of labbies over the last 4 years and we're quite close, and it's sad there won't be any more fooling around and laughing our guts out and not caring what really happens with the bacteria or the DNA we're supposed to be learning abt :P And i graduate next week!!
My parents arrive on Sunday :D It's gonna be awesome to see them... I'm so glad I get to spend the entire week with them too... I guess that way my new job rocks! :D
I guess all these things changes are a part of growing up and moving on :) I'm not trying to make a big deal of it, b'cos I know it happens to everyone at some point, but that doesn't make it easy all the time either... So if i've been stepping on people's toes lately I'm really sorry :$ I just need a bit of time to get used to everything :)

No comments: