Out of sync

I get this weird feeling of disconnect sometimes. It's like I'm in a world of my own, completely oblivious to or cut off from the
going-ons of the outside world. And this world of mine has just me in it, not in a narcissistic sense but in an isolated kind of way.

I'm on the inside, I'm looking out..

I don't know if it comes from not being able to 'get' people or happenings or situations. I think space and time tends to warp the understanding you're capable of, and sometimes there's this complete inability to relate or respond appropriately.

Or maybe its just the lock-and-key theory. You fit perfectly in some places/situations, and you're completely out of sync in others. The same goes for people. And the 'fit' changes with time and circumstance. Though there's only so far you can go with flexibility before you lose your original form.


No comments: