Forever trusting who we are..

And so the weekend flew by. It started off on a 'high' note with me getting a bit too adventurous with long island iced tea. Hopped around from Tapas tree to all over CQ and ended up crazy dancing in
J Bar. Then came one of the weirdest cab rides back home. I am officially going off EtOH for a month now :p

Come Saturday, and it was the German + Korean + Chinese + Sri Lankan quartet and a steamboat dinner for 2.5 hours. I think between the 4 of us, we consumed an entire cow, four chickens and a field of mushrooms. This was in addition to the prawns, clams, fish, vegetables, corn, onion rings, fries, sausages and a few other things I can't quite recall now. Haha and the baaad drinks. But it was a much needed chilled out night, amid the racist jokes and laughter. I loved sitting by the road and watching the night set in. And then we were off for a movie/arcade/drinks splurge. Blu Jazz was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday, which only added to the appeal :) And after a 25 minute trek looking for cabs, bathroom emergencies and crossing the road 4 times, we piled ourselves into a taxi a minute before the surcharge kicked in and headed off to Adrian's for Hanson's music education, Chivas and green tea, and an in depth discussion on everything wrong in Singapore. You gotta love those random nights.

I was domestic on Sunday to an extent that would've made my mom question whether I was actually her kid :p Writer's block prevailed so I decided to explore the Marang Trail and Mt Faber Loop. It's so darn beautiful up there, it almost felt like I wasn't in Singapore- the trees and air and exercise did wonders for my cluttered brain :)
Picture of the day:


Now for what's been cluttering my brain...

People who go on about the let downs, wrongdoings and weaknesses of friends and family and society never seem to appreciate the good things that happen to them; to the extent where they actually get suspicious when someone does something nice for them. Go figure. You're never going to be happy unless you let yourself be happy, and not everyone has a hidden agenda. There are still a few genuinely nice people out there, and I think sometimes you just need to give people a chance.

I haven't felt the loss of 'self' in a while now, but it crept up on me in the last week. I found myself questioning and doubting and debating and trying to understand where and how I seem to have lost me. I hate feeling out of control and on the edge. Giving into reckless abandon is so easy sometimes. I really need to get a handle on this before it swallows me up.

Have you ever wondered how the world would turn out if unconditional love (not necessarily the romantic kind) was a little easier to come by? If everyone just cared a little more, spent a little more time, hurt a little less and stopped complicating everything? One can only dream I guess.

... and nothing else matters.

No comments: