Men are from Mars....

Period.
Unfortunately this is not gonna be a post dedicated to downtrodding the male species, as thrilling as that would be.. Sorry girls, maybe next time ;) Guys, you may continue to read...

Its rather about the trends in relationships that seem to have arisen in the modern age of the 21st century. Or more simply put:

There is a shortage of decent single available straight men.

Possibly because:
a) they are dating female antichrists
b) they are strung into a relationship with a non deserving female that is going nowhere, and are being used and laundered and don't seem to be able to get out of it
c) they are in a stable, happy relationship with someone who they deserve to be with
d) others- reasons such as having just recovered from a) or b) or sudden ventures onto the other side of the spectrum, if you get what I mean
e) they are just waiting to be found
f) the rest are just your run-of-the-mill everyday jerks

The breakdown goes something like this (these are rough statistics, conjured after a moment's thought):
a) 25%
b) 17%
c) 8%
d) 15%
e) 2%
f) 33%

I am now at the stage where I'm trying to come up with an explanation for all of the above. So far, I have:
a) Something is seriously wrong with the men (and women) of the 21st century
b) Men have been tricked into believing that they are God's gift to women (this mainly applies to category f)
c) They seem to be going through some universal phase of mass confusion and end up with the WRONG girl again and again
d) There is a lack of decent women to go around (my money's on this)
e) Due to b) and d), they have suffered ego/self esteem/collateral damage and are now willing to settle for less than their expectations (or hopes, or worth)

I'm sure there are better explanations (or more logical ones at least) out there, but for now, I rest my case. I only hope this post serves to make all of today's decent single available straight men out there (well at least the ones who read my blog, and possible friends) think twice about the blindfolds that they seem to have turned into a fashion. Or at least lift them up a bit to get a peek at the world out there ;)

On a different but related note though, I would totally understand if the blindfolds are in place to shut the rest of the world out. I feel like that on Monday mornings. But then I just switch to my shades ;)

ps. This is sort of a follow up to the post about 'single girls' from a couple of months back... Await more in the series :p

No comments: