Memories, sentiment and the like..

A lot of people think they're overrated. 'So things happened, so what? Remember the good times, but don't hold on to them forever, because life passes you by in the meantime...' I have to disagree, and there's plenty of evidence in my room and in me- pictures of friends and family, birthday cards and gifts collected over the years, little momentos from the years gone by.

I was reminded of what we take for granted when I came across this a couple of days back... It really touched me and the doubts of the last few days took a backseat for a change.

Memories also got the better of me this weekend. I watched a Walk to Remember, and that soundtrack still gives me goosebumps... it was one of my favourite movies from back in the day, and it still is. Snippets of Baz Lurhmann's hit kept replaying in my head, and a cute stranger made me laugh and feel like a teenager again. Rain, an online conversation, and the goo goo dolls kept me up much later than normal.

I caught up with an old friend, was shouldered by a new one, and remembered the little book of autographs that I collected at the end of school, 5 years ago. Flipped through a couple of pages, and was in tears a few minutes later. Four particular entries made me smile, and I'm glad those people are still in my life. Everything was so different back then, so simple, so unrestricted. So young.

I went back to the basics, took a step back, and reflected. Went for a drama performance at NUS, and loved the subtle hints and humour. Experienced a rush similar to one I had a couple of years ago. I'd forgotten how good the feeling of butterflies in your stomach and weak knees can be. The recklessness of tempting fate can be irresistable.

James Patterson surprised me with an unusually twisted read... As usual, I got caught up with the characters in the book, stepped into their lives, and felt shell shocked at the end of it. If you're looking for a slightly different crime/mystery novel, try 1st to Die.

A long chat with bro and the fondness of family made me feel loved and really lucky. That, and a best friend who knows me better than I know myself. Things look good at the job front and Halloween's got us all excited.

Lots to look forward to, and less to look back upon with regret. October's been good to me, and other than the indecisiveness of the rain and the departure of a couple of people, there's nothing much to complain about :)

1 comment:

thefallez said...

loved the video =D