All the small things...

So October has arrived and has brought with it extremes of weather... either torrential rain or blinding sunshine... The F1 weekend is over and the roads and bus services in the city are back to normal.. And we're 2 months away from 2009! :|

October (or maybe the end of September) also brought with it a tinge of nostalgia for me... It's got nothing to do with the dates or anything, but I guess I was thinking back on what I was doing a year ago... Peeps who remember the crazy HYP semesters will remember me being stuck in lab with those mice till 6-7pm everyday :p But I found myself missing bits of that life... And they weren't the big once-in-a-lifetime moments either, but rather the small things, like the long chats over teh halia at the Prata shop, the walks around campus at 1am, lying down at SRC and looking up at the stars (when there were no clouds :p), the convenience of food 5 mins away (though living at HV I really can't complain about that, but about the prices I can :p), hanging out in people's rooms when they were a couple of floors above you or a block away, randomly meeting people in the bus or at the bustop and ending up having dinners that lasted for hours... The little things we took for granted while wishing that we could get out of university faster and not have to worry about exams and lectures.

Working life isn't bad, but the worries don't necessarily stop.. You realise you have a host of other things that avalanche the minute you start getting paid... the loans, the rent, the bills, the career, and the list goes on... It's also a lot harder to meet people with schedules and time to consider...I guess the grass is always greener on the other side :p

I guess the point of this post is getting a bit lost on me (due to the lack of sleep), but I think what I wanted to say was something along the lines of 'enjoy what you have when you can' or something like that... B'cos you'll seriously miss it when you realise its gone.

No comments: