My lovely morning :)

So today I had to literally crawl out of bed in the darkness and get out of the house before the sun rose. Don't ask why, because I'm trying to fight the overwhelming urge to put my head down for a bit of a catnap, and thinking of the reason I had to get up stirs up feelings of frustration. Yes, I solemnly follow Garfield's rules of rest and relaxation ;)

But anyway, my morning was a really good one. Well technically (at this moment) it hasn't ended yet, but the early part of it was good. Its a bit ironic because I've been dreading today for a while. But that's another story altogether... (the day can still spiral downward :p).

So I was out of the house by about 6.40am.. when usually I wake up at 7.30 :p (The trip from my bed to the kitchen to make coffee was sheer torture) But the morning was BEAUTIFUL. It was the time before the sun rises but dawn's already come and gone, and the word that popped into my head was tranquility. People were out jogging and walking their dogs, and school kids were making their way sleepily to the bus stops (I probably didn't look any better). But the sky was a gorgeous pale blue and it was cool and windy (I don't think my lame attempt to describe the morning is doing any justice to it :p). But just the walk from my place to the MRT left me awake and energized and happy. Yes I was actually smiling within an hour of waking up :p

I think I actually understand for the first time in my life why people wake up early and go out running or walking. Mornings are beautiful just before it gets bright and hot and sweaty. Its a pity I've missed so many while catching that extra half an hour of snooze time. I used to be a morning person in university, but all that's changed since work started and sleep became a lot more valuable... and necessary.

The other sub highlight (I think I just invented a word :p) of my morning was that I got into a very cool bus. It was really crowded though, but half way through the ride it emptied out, and I was left a bit stunned at the interior. It was designed like the inside of a club :| The whole inside was done up in maroon velvet, and the seats were white leather and kinda like Beanie bags except sleeker. And.. wait for it..... *drumroll*.... There was a BAR! Well a makeshift one without the alcohol :p One of the windows had been plastered with a picture of the back of a bar with a smiling bartender and a lot of alcohol. And there was a protruding ledge (the makeshift bar) and two barstool like seats for passengers. I was seriously in awe and silently kicking myself for not having a camera with me... But it was really really cool.

Anyways it all turned out good, the errand I was running didn't take too long, and I was at work by 9, with all these ideas zipping around in my head. In retrospect, I'm glad I actually woke up early and got so much done, though by 3 pm I know I'll be lolling off to sleep :p But I think I'm gonna try and get up early once in a way, just to start the day off on a high. It can't hurt that much. And I'm still smiling ;)

2 comments:

The Wild Tide said...

was it a 151??? I've been on a 151 that fits your description, and ended up taking loads of pix!!!

Amri said...

Haha no it was a 107! So cool men! :D i should hunt down more of them :p