Bridging the gap

The run left me gasping for breath, but the rush of endorphins completely overtook the fatigue. I really should stretch the next time though :p The spontaneous company at dinner and the tea made me smile more :)

Friday brought in temporary sickness. I hate that feeling of congestion in your nose and head and general airways. It also brought in a new wave of CML related stress, but its ending soon so I was trying not to lose it completely. CNY lunch, tossing the lo hei and completely overdosing on curry and pillow made up for it though :D The mix at work always makes it more interesting.

Then came the gift of the cow and the night-long birthdays at the beach! Caught up, chatted, counselled and connected :) I don't open up easily or at all most of the time, but the kindred spirit coerced me into a confession (yes I know you're reading this and smirking :p) which I then tried to forget while consuming all those awesome cupcakes :) I think I just got happy feeling the sand between my toes and watching the waves- though the company made a huge difference :D

We all have so much going on on the inside, yet we keep it so well hidden and tucked away from the world. And every once in a way, it all gets too much and we crack, pick ourselves up and piece together the tough outer layer. Strange creatures, we humans are.

And the rest of the weekend just flew by~! Sunday was all about friends: celebrating an impressive aquathalon over brunch at Marche, online joy and goosebumps hearing about the 'moment', a long overdue dinner and a much longer overdue visit to Botak Jones :D A happy and fitting end to February!

1 comment:

Yash said...

*smirk* *smirk*
:)
i am glad the moment made your weekend better.