Through the eyes of a child...

If volunteering with the kids every month has taught me anything, its how important parental guidance can be. On a side note though, it's also taught me how to be patient and not lose my calm, specially when I become their primary art exhibit :p

Not everyone has it in them to be the perfect parent; I don't think such a thing even exists. But children don't get to choose who their parents are. If you bring a child into this world, how can you not want what's best for him or her? Some of the kids I see are so neglected and deprived of love and attention that it's heartbreaking. You get to be a kid only once and that should be one of the happiest times of your life, instead of being surrounded by adults who paint a dark picture of what life has to offer.

I've also realised that sometimes you get a glimpse of the core of a child; i don't really know how to describe it in words, but there are these moments during some ordinary task like running a relay or making a bookmark, when you see the inside of a kid through what he or she does. It's so uncomplicated with children; they don't judge, they accept you with all your flaws and faults, and they see the world in such a simple way. Sometimes you don't want them to grow up, just so that they could stay that way...

No comments: