In honour of the quarter rockstar :D

Yes Benny, I'm sticking to my word ;)

So for those of you who don't know Benny (aka Asela), he's a really good friend of mine from school... :) We go waaaay back and still talk on a weekly basis, and he faithfully sends me songs that he recommends over MSN and rubs it in whenever he has a holiday and I don't :p

He's a really talented guitarist and a rising star, a fellow Lifehouse and Switchfoot fan, and took part about 2 weeks ago in TNL onstage, which is a competition in good ol' Sri Lanka where rock bands and soloists belt it out and compete for the grand title.. Unfortunately it's always held in November so I've missed it for the last couple of years, and this year was no exception, only that I missed Benny's performance, and would've given anything to be there... :(

You can click here to take a look at his profile ;) And don't forget to watch the video! His song choices for Onstage were the acoustic, indie versions of Quasimodo (Lifehouse) and The Remedy (Jason Mraz)..

Anyways this was just a little post to say I'm proud of ya Bens! (and yes, to also publicly embarrass you a bit :D) I'm gonna fly down next Nov to watch u win ;)

Signing off,
The Loyal Groupie

No comments: