It's been a while

But... I am attempting weak comeback anyhow. Instead of the usual excuses for my absence, I'm attributing this latest 'break' from blogging to a soul searching expedition I took (meaning I lay in bed most of the time and the distance from there to the computer seemed too far...) within the confinement of my sunny apartment at Holland village..

In reality, I've not been inspired enough to write (I think the job absorbs most my creative capacity for the day, leaving me drained of puns and sounding bored, to myself at least). But in the spirit of imminent countdowns and beginnings and general boughs of holly and festivity, I shall blog a bit before I head home for my much needed and much anticipated Christmas holiday, one week of which I plan to spend lying down on a beach somewhere...

I think its a tad bit too early to start reflecting on the year that's passed and its ups and downs and in betweens, so I'll leave that for another post.. What I do want to say though, is that the saying 'What goes around, comes around..' seems to have been realized quite a bit over the last couple of months, in good ways and not so good ways.. I guess karma has a funny way of sneaking up on people ;)

Onto other matters of great importance, I've resumed a temporarily ignored past-time: swimming :) No real way to describe how great it feels, but I plan to stick with this, for so many reasons... maybe running was never really my thing :p

People have been bugging me a lot lately about my 'future' and career goals.. I'm started to get a bit irritated, but they do have a point: I should see myself somewhere doing something worthwhile for the next couple of years I guess.. But its so hard trying to figure out what and when and how *sigh* And I don't really see the need to rush this decision.. I'm quite happy where I am now :)

Happenings worth mentioning: I am shopping for Secret Santa! It's been so much fun already, and there's still 2 weeks left :D The Christmas tree went up at work, and now is blinking away and distracting me further from the work I should be doing :p Scrumptious Christmas party/dinner coming up too... And I was privy to the ceremony of drinking Absinthe a week ago ;) Pretty cool I'd say, the process anyway, though the guy drinking it didn't look so cool after it went down... It involved a conical flask, a smaller wine glass with some sugary liquid, which was ignited and poured over the conical flask so the entire thing was on fire, and then the guy drank a shot glass of absinthe through a straw from the bottom of this whole set up... My research on this since then yielded these facts (my research was a bit hampered here and there by other distractions, but Wikipedia seems to have got it right)

And onto the subject of books: I finally finished The Kite Runner :D It was an awesome read, totally captivating and such a stark picture of reality and life, put in the perspective of someone with a weighted conscience... I'm proud of myself for not getting emotional till the last page :D I think I was sadder that the tale ended more than anything else though :) But its a prize of a book, and I strongly recommend it for some deep seated reflection..

Anyways dear reader(s), the rest of my Saturday beckons me, as well as the other half of To Kill a Mockingbird, which has been neglected over the last few days, and a couple of must-see movies... I shall be back soon, I promise ;)

No comments: