Namesake

During one of my long lapses in productivity today (I tend to have a lot of these somehow :p), I discovered something quite funny: A novel titled 'Amrita' was written back in 1994, by a Japanese author named Banana Yoshimoto... *chuckles*




















Apparently she won a couple of awards for the book. I so need to find a copy!

This discovery came about because I was trying to explain to someone the uber cool meaning of my name, or at least Wiki's take on it: 'Amrita (अमृत) is a Sanskrit word that literally means "that which is immortal" '.

I always knew I was special.

2 comments:

Katy Kat said...

Hi Amri! Just wanted to say i wondered over to ur space and was truly inspired! Was feeling a bit down and reading ur blogs made me smile again. Maybe i shud take to ranting as well...hmmm

Amri said...

Haha glad to be of service! :D