Beginnings, ends and in betweens

August ends today, and I can't stop smiling. Not because I'm glad its over, but because I'm glad it happened.

I've officially begun the 25th year of my existence. Slightly thrilling, but scary stuff all the same.

It's funny how you can know someone, yet not know them really. And they sneak up and surprise you in the strangest ways. When you least expect it, but most need it.

The all-too-familiar feeling of butterflies in my tummy is back. Together with weak knees and a beat-skipping heart. I love being in love.

If you didn't know this already, I love being surprised. Not with big splashy gestures, but with quiet little acts of kindness. Like my risotto lunch today :)

I'm now wiser when it comes to Sri Lankan house parties. I can safely say been there, seen that; 'that' referring to seeing people collapse on the dance floor, throw up on the door step, break a tap, pass out in the middle of a dance routine and all in all, have a blast of a time. No one quite does it the same way ;)

My first drive-in movie was quite a cool experience. The weather Gods were on our side, and pizza in the park, complete with a picnic mat, cool evening breeze, the lake nearby and starlit sky made for a happy Saturday evening. Baybeats afterwards proved to be quite interesting too. What would we do without music in this world?

Sunday morning/afternoon was spent sprawled on the floor, watching the rain, listening to music (the Goo Goo Dolls!), absorbed in my own stream of thoughts, and sketching. Yup, it's been a while since I let myself go in the world of colour, art and form. Then spent a good two hours curled up and snoozing under the covers. Rainy Sundays are the love.

On a side note, I need to stop shopping. Really. I've averted the furniture crisis for now. Yet to come is the financial one *sigh* But on a happier note, I've begun my little bookshelf of select reads. Mostly on exotic travel destinations though, haha. I don't know what to do with myself sometimes.

I'm also nearing the end of The Alchemist. About time I'd think. It's such a strange book. But I'm quite taken up with the whole omen thing now. Maybe my missing the bus to work today was an omen that I need to spend less time sleeping in on Monday mornings and more time chugging down coffee and regaining consciousness. Yeah, I've got reading 'em omens down to an art.

Scuba diving adventures await. Anyone want to be my buddy? I promise not to throttle you with the diving gear :)

I thus make my grand exit and say goodbye to August, its rush and all its happiness, with this line from Live:

"We spend all of our lives, goin' out of our minds, looking back to our birth, forward to our demise.."

1 comment:

never_b said...

omg. hahaha.

this 'lake' you speak of is the sea :D