My ideally perfect man...

... needs to possess the following traits:

(a)(1) Have a very cool name. This is so that if I decide to append it to the back of mine, it won't make me sound like Princess Consuela Bananahammock (though I absolutely adore Phoebs).
(a)(2) As a follow up to (a)(1), I've noticed the Irish have very interesting names... e.g. Diarmuid (uber-ly cool I think! so Lord of Rings :D)

(b) Be of a mixed heritage. This accomplishes several things. For one, my kids will be exotic and have a messed up gene pool. Growing up, I was utterly confused most of the time about things like nationality and race and religion, so I think they should go through this too- though unlike me, who's still a bit confused admittedly, I hope they'll come to some sort of decision about their roots.
Secondly, they'd look really good.
Thirdly, if they are born in a different country (like I was) their passports will be confusing. So will visa applications and birth certificates. This can be an amusing affair and is a good source of fun.

(c) Needs to be able to cook. Mexican and Italian cuisines are compulsory. If he's a chef, even better. This is because I can't cook to save my life, but I still want to have a happy life eating good food.

(d) Have a great sense of humour. This is almost as important as being able to cook. I absolutely cannot go through life with a man who can't make me laugh.

(e) Should own a horse. He doesn't necessarily need to know how to ride one or anything, it's just that I love horses, so I would like to have one. To throw in a romantic angle, its nicer for your guy to give you a horse than for you to go buy yourself one (just as with cars).

(f) Love me and treat me well- the usual.

I think I have effectively narrowed down my options to 0.001% of the world's population. Sigh. The manhunt continues!

p.s. I love Friday the 13th! I have no idea why, the whole spookiness it brings with it is just fascinating... :D
p.p.s. And no, this post has nothing to do with the fact that it's Valentine's day tomorrow :p

No comments: