February constellations..

Ok so admittedly the title's a bit lame, I was trying for a song and the Foo Fighters popped into my head, though the song itself is a bit too mellow for this post.. Which, incidentally, is about how great February has been ;)

I feel like I've lived a lot more this month than I have in the last few combined, probably because a lot of things I've been wanting to do just happened to come together at once.. I went dancing almost every week, my dear ol' friends Talaal and Sabeer visited Singapore and kicked up a storm, and I got to travel to Bangkok :D For work of course, but it ended up being an amazing weekend... :)

On another note, I've been frequenting Iguana so much now that the staff there are starting to recognize me :p And yet we found ourselves there this weekend too, to drown our sorrows because Su Yin was leaving, and attempting to get her drunk as well... I'm going to miss her tons :(

I think the week with the boys deserves a little blurb too.. What began as pub crawling, getting stuck in a lift for half an hour with 14 people all from different countries, and a Valentine's day countdown with borrowed chocolates and dancing on a boom box on a Friday night, progressed to chillie tequila dares, strawberry margaritas, a river cruise and a failed attempt at reverse bungee jumping on Saturday, and ended with a rib cracking sit down dinner on Tuesday... I hate you guys for leaving! 'nuff said.

And to wrap up with a short post mortem on Bangkok- between keeping my boss company for drinks every night, a successful conference with no major disasters, awesome food (!!!), a Thai massage (everyone should experience this at least once in their life :O), shopping for 6 hours straight at the Chatuchak weekend market and repeatedly getting lost in that maze, walking around for half an hour trying to find my way back to the hotel via the MRT (which happened to be right in front of me all that time), a Mardi Gras party (yes, complete with a mask!), an extended stay at the Sheraton with complimentary rooms, sightseeing and having a few fights with a couple of tuk tuk drivers (and i suspect i got ripped off :p), I'd say I did quite well for the 4 days I was there :D

I leave you then, with a few select pictures (haha yes, I'm still obsessed with capturing life through a lens!) Ta for now peeps!






No comments: