And so it begins...

Yup, I started a blog, after years of thinking that it wasn't really my thing. I actually feel a bit hypocritical abt it :P But what the heck, in line with the whole 'living for the experience' theme that I've decided to stick to, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try. But don't be surprised if this turns out to be the only post :P

But come to think of it, I should've done this during uni... I'd have had a lot more to say and complain abt ;) I guess once work and stuff picks up the rants will start full swing too...

So over the last half of the year a lot has happened. I went through all the possible stages of the 'FYP trauma' and then had exams and was actually most worried abt my S/U module since I did nothing worthy of an S :P Then there was the job hunt, the apartment hunt, and all the woes of graduating and entering the real world outside the little shell I'd created for myself in NUS...

But all's good now. I'm no longer jobless or homeless, and now I'm just working on the penniless bit :P Part time jobs like the one I'm doing can be draining sometimes : contrary to all logic..

I'm looking forward to moving to the new place, starting the new job, and graduation :D It's like living thru the phases of the 'whole new chapter' thing and it's not really as cool as it sounds :P There's a lot of stress that comes with change... and when u have all this change happening at once, its a LOT of stress...

But I'm gonna miss NUS. Well ok certain parts of NUS :P I never thought I'd say this 4 yrs ago, but I'm seriously gonna miss the place and the freedom that came with being a student... And I'm gonna miss my friends and the fact that they were 5 mins away all these yrs.... But I'm not gonna miss the exams and assignments and lab.. but I won't be far away so I have a feeling I'm still gonna come by now and then ;)

Onto other news, I am officially in love with the graduation hat :$ My parents are coming down and I'm really excited... They've been planning this for so long and with all the hiccups over the last month I hope everything settles down in time and they have a really good trip :)

I also owe bro, mum, dad and Nips a HUGE thank u :) For putting up with the not-so-nice version of Amri that emerged over the last couple of weeks... Due to all the stress I tell u :$ I swear she's changing back to the fun version now ;) My other friends too, u know who u are, and I love u guys!

I'm signing out now to go enjoy my day off ;) I'll be back soon enuf...

3 comments:

Yash said...

I like it :)
Only one suggestion I might give -> Try to treat it as your own notice board where you can put up anything that YOU find interesting. You will have a lot more fun with it that way :).

and you forgot to include the 'Powered by Rita' part ;).

Hansel said...

i thought i'd leave a comment
-shahram

Amri said...

Hehe yeah that was just my opening post so that it would sort of start with a nice intro ;) my other posts are still in progress ;) And i'm trying to find out how to make it powered by amri :P

Hansel- thanks for the comment :P