Faves and raves

Woke up at 6 something to the sound of rain :D Huddled further under the covers and snoozed a bit before taking my cuppa to the comfy chair and sitting there for a good half an hour in the company of Pi and the downpour :) An awesome start to the day, even if it meant going to work half soaked :p Then came the cinnamon granola bars~!

Work's piling up, and I'm not sure if I should be happy or worried.. Just take it as it comes I guess :) The chopstick adventures turned out to be a complete fail, so wanton mee in my world is still consumed with a fork :p Highlight of the afternoon: the blueberry chocolate muffin :D

Faves and raves was on in the evening, but a stop to say hello to the brownie hoarding one at NLB before that :) I love walking around the city at that time of the day; the sun's just setting, dusk is approaching, the rush hour crowds are interesting to watch, and the lighting (and the Esplanade!) makes for some cool photographs. I just wish my battery hadn't died :p

The screenings were pretty darn good. I'd seen the first one, In our own words, before, but it was just as good watching it the second time :) It highlighted the inner and outer struggle for acceptance, tolerance and understanding perfectly, in both a subtle and very realistic way.

Cashless
cracked me up, but I think everyone of us can relate to it on some level, and that was the beauty of it. It also got me thinking about how much we take for granted, and how our expectations and demands have evolved as a result of the 'convenience' of living in a technologically advanced world. Ok that was a mouthful, but you get what I mean right?

The Hedgehog Complex was my favourite though :) I loved the way the director had used different angles and lighting to capture the different perspectives and emotions of the actors, and he portrayed the concept of a person's life 'behind closed doors' so nicely. There's always so much going on beneath the surface, but the most you ever get to see is a glimpse of the complexity of it all..

Then it was a long wait, a long ride and finally home to the family drama till midnight :p I really do hope that one day, I'll be half as great a parent as my own are.. And that's still a tall order :)

No comments: