Les parents

I have insane parents. There's really no other word to describe them.

Mother dearest still tries to bring us up over skype. And loves to tell me I've 'missed' the bus because I'm waiting for a luxury one with curtains and aircon. She's the only person I can have 3- hour chats with while laughing myself to tears, and still have things to talk about the next day (for another 2 hours). She's also the only person who can make me feel better when I'm sick, and is so daring it worries me sometimes.

Dad on the other hand, is all about sarcasm and humour. I love getting emails from him in the morning, filled with complaints and wisecracks about the Hitler regime at home he secretly adores. He's also my partner in alcoholic schemes and scams and my buddy when it comes to philosophical chats and life advice. His latest hilarious venture is into the world of Facebook- lots of laughs to come :D

I know exactly which parent I've gotten most of my genes and traits (and flaws?) from. The madness must come from somewhere! And I think I'm quite a nice combination ;) Except that I'd have liked to be a bit taller.

I can't wait to see them in a month. Though I'm a bit apprehensive travelling with them for a week in India :p But it's going to be awesome fun being home. We're going to be laughing and making merry and laughing some more. The countdown begins!

No comments: