Spontaneity

Introducing my latest love. Well, more my latest addiction really.

I'm getting such a kick these days of not planning how to spend my weekday evenings/weekends, and just going with the flow. And it's been tons of fun :D There was the Sunday which started off with a (huge) buriyani lunch in Little India, an unplanned journey to Orchard, the purchase of random movie tickets, $3 mocha frappes and a long conversation on a sidewalk, 2.5 hours of book browsing at Borders, and the movie (District 9 :D).

There was the Friday which began at John Little, progressed through a movie (Inglorious Basterds!), wandering down Arab street, randomly bumping into people I hadn't seen in more than a year, and catching up over tea and sheesha till 3am.

And yesterday: a French toast brunch at Bras Basah, a visit to the Singapore art museum, fooling around in the drizzle and ending up at the National Museum only to find the Antwerp exhibition had been extended, photographic excursions and the discovery of an outdoor escalator to nowhere around Dhoby Gaut/City Hall, a late Thai lunch, technology browsing at Funan, a sudden decision to go to Ikea, a hop across to Anchor Point and a trudge back home loaded with purchases from a 3-for-$19 sale.

Like I said, tons of fun. Highly recommended for lots of laughter and weird discoveries in the nooks and cannies of Singapore.

Other than that, work's been hell. Not the actual work, but the long stretches of it, sometimes till the wee hours of the morning. The sleep debt built up to a scary level, something that's not happened since the final year at NUS. Dilini's bid us a temporary farewell too, with the 'midget' due to arrive in a month. I miss my string hopper buddy! :( But her baby shower was fun :D I'm NEVER giving my kids (if/when they do get here) any sort of baby food- after tasting that c.r.a.p, its no wonder babies spit their food out! Drinks with S.Ong at Timbre followed by Turkish ice cream was long overdue too- and then came her 30th b'day surprise :D The mad rush for her gift was the best part of it all- us writers rock! :D

Lots of travel plans on the horizon. I've got Bangkok down for the long weekend in November, and I fly home 2 weeks after, hopefully with a trip to India in the middle of the vacation at home. I've got some serious lying-on-the-beach time to catch up on. Can't wait! I can't wait to see mum and dad too- it's been a looong year away from home.

I've been feeling much better about the 'state' of my life too- the claustrophobia that comes with living in Singapore still remains, but I think I've adjusted my mental state (nirvanaaa! :D) and way of thinking about/looking at things- I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts :)

And... *drumroll*..... I absolutely have to mention my latest foray into the technological world- my new iPod! :D Yup, I've officially tendered my resignation in the campaign against Apple... And joined forces with them :p I'm such a traitor, but iLuv my red little pod :)

Okays, I need sleep. Till next time peeps, which will be sooner than later I hope :) Ta..!

No comments: