Hell... contd.

Just when I thought my week from the depths of hell was over, I fall sick. So instead of a much awaited weekend spent meeting people, attending a couple of talks, dining and dancing, I'm stuck in bed, bored and in pain, with a drippy nose, in the company of chicken soup and samahan. Argh!

I miss a chosen few very much. For the silliest of reasons. Also because I've not laughed as much as I should have been laughing in their absence. Get back here soon! (yes, I'm aware 'soon' is in like 24 hours :p) And remember my goodies list.

Friday was an insane day at work. In a good way though. Lots of laughter and wisecracks and a nice Turkish lunch in the company of a very glowing D :) Except the day ended at 10.45pm, leaving me with blurred vision and a pounding headache. Signs of the flu I reckon, just mistaken for exhaustion.

Monday on the other hand, was insane in a baaad way. The only good thing that came out of it was that I managed to jog/walk/crawl 3km without collapsing from a heart attack. Only to get home and find my phone screen scratched to bits from running a bit too enthusiastically. Ying and yang I guess.

I want to relive last weekend! The crazy Friday that began in KE7 and ended at Iguana, with a stint at J bar somewhere in the middle, blending into the hungover Deepavali Saturday that featured a long late lunch with the girls at HV, ice cream at Swensons, the Raffles Hall production and the 'mad about hats' party at Attica. Two consecutive 5ams haven't happened in a while. Gosh, I sound like such an aunty. And after all that, I actually managed to clean my room too :)

I was reading my travel book on Thailand today and got all excited again- the one highlight in the medicated afternoon spent under the covers. I can't wait to go back- I'm insanely jealous that QJ is there as I speak, checking out Chatuchak in all its glory, drinking cheap Sangsom and wolfing down green curry. November get here FAST!

Vikaren was a weird movie. 500 days of summer though, was unexpectedly all right.

On a side note, you guys should give Jonathan Safran Foer a shot. His books are complicated but pretty darn good :) If you make it through all the weirdness at the beginning that is.

To alleviate the misery, I'm going to focus on getting my Halloween costume in order. Now if I can just get off the bed and try on that witch's hat...

No comments: