Slapdash

When left alone to my own devices, I become quite the hazard to myself, with all these weird quirky thoughts surfacing outta nowhere. A few chosen ones:

- I wonder if I can get away with second-naming my kids after my favourite pieces of Ikea furniture. E.g. My daughter would have Tindra as her second name, and my son could be called Erserud.

- My dream job right now is to be a travel writer. Immediate mental image: myself sitting serenly on a camel, happily writing about the Sahara while effortlessly making my way across the middle of nowhere. Nevermind the lack of water or sandstorms or freaky desert accidents or the poor camel's plight.

- I'd like to be tall (5ft 6") for one week in my life.

- I care about a lot of people, but I don't think half of them are even aware I do. And I have no intention of telling them either. I wonder if the same goes vice versa, and if I have any invisible guardian angels out there (narcissistic much? :D)

- I'd like very much to have a super power. Particularly, telekinesis. I'd NEVER get out of bed :D

- Human beings have an amazing ability to accomodate and adapt. To anything- change, new surroundings, new people, new circumstances. Sadly, they seem to be blissfully ignorant/ just plain unaware of this trait.

- Why aren't there Hugh Jackmans/George Clooneys/Chris Daughtrys in Singapore??! Or even in Asia??! (budget flights were invented for this reason no?)

- I'm pretty sure there's someone in this world who looks just like me (or several even?). I wonder what it would be like to meet her (gosh, what if it's a 'him'??) and whether we'd hate each other on sight for being so gorgeously similar :D I hope personalities are polar opposites though. And we're the same height :D

- I hope that if I'm 50 and still alive (ever the optimist), I'll still be somewhat similar in person to who I am now. Just to remind myself, I'm going to write a letter to me at 25, seal it, and read it when I'm 50.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you perhaps wander around on your camel in kuwait??! :)

insee said...

hahah... i like the ikea furniture part!