The emotional hangover














Moods have been swinging all over the place! Mostly between sadness, restlessness and frustration. A hug much needed. Pockets of laughter and love here and there though. Thank God for the family back home and the extended family here :)

The different dynamics that define relationships. Interesting, confusing and complex, all at the same time.  

Matters of the heart- complicated stuff. The addiction-detox-recovery-relapse cycle is back, on loop. I was all right on my own, till I met you. I crossed a line there, and paid the price. I guess some things really are better left unsaid, and ignorance can be bliss.

The choice of the battles again. It's more a question of sticking with the game plan now, and making peace with the the stuff beyond my control. It's tough, when your instincts are screaming otherwise.

There's a lot going on inside, a raw ache. Reminds me of rough seas, choppy waves and rippling undercurrents. Deep breaths and temporary distractions don't seem to be working much. Messed up nights of sleep are generally a good indicator that something's not quite right. I should be excited and happy. Not worried, sad and falling apart.

Yet this too, shall pass.

No comments: