Resonance

It's strange how you can hear a song a million times, but it only hits you on a random morning when you're riding the bus to work :) 

I see a sky full of the stars that change our minds
And lead us back to a world we would not face...

The stillness in your eyes
Convinces me that I
I don't know a thing
And I've been around the world and I've
Tasted all the wines
A half a billion times
Came sickened to your shores
You show me what this life is for

-Dance with you, Live

Macaroon love Gosh, that whiskey chocolate one was divine~! After the chocolate expresso ice cream mochi :D An entertaining dinner with the foursome, and a camera gone wild. And a scooter with no helmets. And a madhatter episode in a store full of pink and rhinestones.

Now that the dust has settled, there's a weird ache that's left. Together with the realization that I was unaware of how much I care about things and people here. I hate goodbyes, even the temporary kind, but I guess every beginning starts with a goodbye of some sort.

The phone call that made my night! I went to bed grinning, and woke up still grinning :D I'm sooo over the moon for you babe! I just wish I could be there to see you through everything :)

Stumbled across this and HAD to share :D What would your caption be?
















I think the emotional resonance felt when friends are going through a rough patch or a happy transition speaks volumes about the almost subconscious relation between us. It's like an extension of feelings, or the ripples of a wave. It scares me sometimes to know we're so connected, given my default 'distance' setting. But its also comforting, to understand and be understood.

Undecidedly trudging through the rain at lunch and randomly ending up in the same direction on two consecutive days. All that for kaya toast, subway and drenched cold feet for the rest of the afternoon :p And then we were treated to the weird airshow/NDP practice run in the rain! Kiasu much?  

'I feel very out of touch with the youth of Sri Lanka'- the sibling. Hahaha. I just had to put it down as quote of the week :D

A swim, a struggle to hit 10, and then a sudden surge to 30 :) And the neighbour from home turned into the neighbour in the pool! Traipsed through the long forgotten Engin block on the way to the lab and got freaked out by the one-eyed mannequin at the door :D And all those machines and robots~!

The battle against the fungal invasion continues, with Amri-1, Fungus-0 for now. I'm really not cut out for domestication though.

Apparently short people are more at risk of heart disease than tall people! Thanks for notifying me and then rubbing it in QJ :p Stef, the typo jokes and the chronicles of Chuahbacca & Pam continue. I can't believe we get away with so much nonsense sometimes :D Love you woman!

Family all over Asia, the retarded conversations and laugh out loud moments we have. Gosh! Miss talking to you dad, our sarcasm wars and wisecracks, and hearing that rumble-y laugh. Get home soon! And ma, well your innate craziness will make me smile on the worst of days. Just please stop climbing things :p

And more friends tie the knot/bite the dust!

No comments: