Shades of blue

It's been a weird Friday so far.

Ordinary people and random conversations can inspire you in profound ways. Make you want to be a better person,and appreciate what you have and have been given. Help you realise that there's so much more to this life than you thought possible.

A tired struggle to wake up, but what's left of the holiday high, the thought of home in a week and Live on loop kept me smiling.

A single two line email that completely knocked me off my carefully resurrected perch, right back into the chaotic undercurrent that's been holding me under the last 2 weeks.

Lunch with the ladies and a discussion about Tiger Woods, extra marital affairs and the associated complexities that come with the Y chromosome. I don't blame you guys for thinking women are complicated. We are, and I don't understand us most of the time either.

The need to stop trying to save people. The realisation that there's almost nothing I can do, except worry helplessly and be there if/when they need me, is slowly dawning, and making me feel more helpless. Some don't even want to be saved I think.

I've been not-so-pleasantly surprised by the extent to which you can unconsciously care about someone, and get affected by things going on with them as a result. It's scary stuff, not being in complete control of you.

I wish I could tell you everything that's tucked away and hidden inside, but I don't think its the right time. I'm not sure it ever will be.

There's so much to do, and so little time. Phase shifts are always hard, but this one's taking a lot out of me. Sandy beaches and sunny blue skies await on the other side, with smiles, laughter and warm hugs. I just need to hang in there and see this through. That's always the hardest part.

No comments: