Lost in translation

I finally watched it~! And absolutely loved it.

It reminded me of when I was in Paris a couple of months back, where everyone spoke French and had no idea what we were trying to say in our pathetic attempts at the language.

It also reminded me of all the times when you can spend only a couple of hours with a person or a group of people, but remember them for the rest of your life. Like when 14 of us from all over the world got stuck in an elevator for half an hour.

And it cracked me up to think of when I once translated 'maalu miris' into 'fish chillie' when it was really the Sinhalese word for 'capsicum'.

Much thanks to QJ for lending me a copy :D And here's to more lost in translation moments!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need your own copy, says I :) Favourite scene? -Jo

Amri said...

Heya Jo! Haha I remember you were a huge fan of the movie ;) Fav scene right now- the hospital :D