Trepidation.

December has brought with it a lot of choices. New beginnings, and the opportunity for them... Change has always been difficult for me, but I'm learning to step out of my comfort zone, swallow the fear, and plunge on ahead. But I miss the feelings of familiarity, and knowing that the safety net is no longer where it used to be is a bit unsettling.

I can't wait to go home. Between Prav flying off this Sunday, and Dilini and I reliving the awesomeness of hoppers, kotthu roti, ala hodi and pol sambol during lunch, the two weeks left feels like forever. There's so much to do, and I don't know where to start. I hope I make it to the airport in one piece...

I watched the shades of blue unfold this morning, with my cup of coffee and the Goo goo dolls playing in the background. Nature has funny ways of reaching out to you and making you feel alive. So does music, and the comfort of someone's presence.

Margarita Mondays are going to last, I hope. It's nice to be able to sit down with the wind in your hair and not worry about a thing. Between excitement, laughter and happiness, there's too little time to be sad or depressed, and I'm glad for this. Friends can truly be amazing.

'..and I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand...'

No comments: